Wednesday, January 12, 2011

New Year, what's next?

I know I have had many creative titles as of late, but to introduce these projects, I really wanted to keep it simple.  I am very lucky that at least for now, I can let my business grow at its own pace.  I really am not pushing it just because I am not really sure what is happening toward the end of March.  It is all up in the air at this point.  For those that do not know, my Husband is getting out of the Army and frantically searching for an engineering job in his degree program.  We have until May to find a job, as he has 2 months of terminal leave, it is just pretty scary not knowing.   So here are some things from me for the new year:

  •  In honor of my Valentine's Baby, who has her First Birthday this year, I am running a new special or offer each week until 2/12/11
  • Pricing will be changing within the next couple of weeks (check out this weeks special)
  • I will only be booking sessions through March 15, 2011 and only on location (your home, a studio I rent, or outdoor location) beginning on February 28, 2011
  • I am also starting to create photography props, hats and cocoons.  I am having a lot of fun keeping my hands busy.  I may start to sell some that I have made, if any of my photographer friends are interested.
  • If he gets a job offer here in Washington, I will be making an announcement and will start to market myself harder.  I really thank my fans.
  • To continue to grow as a photographer, and because it has been a long time for me with a fixed camera and fixed lighting, I have joined 2 groups with a 52 week project.  I started one week behind, so here is my week 1:

For MCP Actions Project 52, the challenge this week was to Illustrate a song.  My song is Splish, Splash by Bobby Darin:






The next image is from Paint the Moon Photography, the challenge for this week is different angles from which you shoot a subject, or object.
 I promise they will not all be of Elise in the future.  I just could not help it.  I took so many more pictures of Riley because James was not around to see it all, This was the first time I took bath tub pics of Ellie.

You can see what others are doing at:
PTM Flickr 
MCP Flickr 
  Thanks for tuning in....

No comments:

Post a Comment